Our client located in the Yorkville area is seeking a Regional GM to join their team. Reporting to the VP Operations of the Company, the Regional General Manager is responsible for the overall operational and financial performance of multiple locations/regional responsibility, including customer service, sales, personnel training, and employee development. The ideal candidate is a people person with strong business acumen and the ability to creatively problem solve and learn on the fly. The Regional General Manager will ensure operational efficiencies and provide leadership to accomplish overall financial objectives, working with the studio leadership teams to deliver operational and financial excellence across multiple locations.
Team & People Management
- Creates a positive, hospitality focused environment that your team and customers love to be a part of.
- Builds and fosters strong community and relationships in and outside the studio environment.
- Maintains managerial oversight for all functions (Sales, Front Desk Personnel, Group Classes, Personal Training, Maintenance) and communicates regularly with team leads regarding the performance of each team.
- Understands the company’s core purpose and overall culture, leading by example and holding all employees accountable to The Core Values.
- Works closely with studio managers and team leads on making the decision to hire all sales and training staff at the studio.
- Recruit, interview, hire and train new Studio Managers
- Authorizes and approves all staffing changes within their region including new hires, promotions and terminations.
- Effectively manage and communicate Policies and Procedures and make sure they are being uniformly enforced across multiple locations.
- Creates a positive and healthy workplace that fosters constant and never-ending improvement.
- Mentors Studio Managers in getting the best results out of their teams.
- Conducts performance reviews periodically.
- Provides feedback and positive reinforcement on a regular basis to encourage and motivate staff.
- Arranges meetings with underperforming staff to provide a coaching session and a progress improvement plan.
Operational – Quality Control
- Carry and conduct themselves as if they are the owner of the business at all times, living and breathing Core Values.
- Educate and enforce new studio policies and procedures and ensure consistency and continuous improvements.
- Provide exceptional hospitality and foster this mentality in all team members to ensure high service standards.
- Committed to delivering excellent service by personally conducting, or appointing staff members to complete a walkthrough of their studios on a regular basis to ensure the cleanliness and equipment needs of the studios is meeting or exceeding company standards.
- Ensure operational efficiencies for all teams including cost control, studio maintenance and upkeep, and team quality control.
- Ensure that all Policy and Procedures, Personnel, Marketing and materials are accurate and up to date.
- Oversee the inventory of studios in their region and takes measures to manage loss with studio managers.
Financial – Performance & Sales
- Accountable for the monthly and yearly financial performance of the studios while overseeing Studio Managers in driving revenue and managing expenses.
- Build annual forecast and execute.
- Oversee in-studio teams to ensure that KPIs are met.
- Ensure the achieving or exceeding of revenue targets by providing the guidance and direction the team needs to effectively hit these goals.
- Creating strategies to ensure the vision (forward thinking) i.e.: need new staff, always looking forward.
- Meets with the managers and team leads on a regular basis to strategize and execute on daily goals.
- Takes the time to coach and teach the studio managers and team leads.
- Follows up on coaching sessions and ensures team follow through.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings to reinforce team building, education and communicate team’s KPIs.
- Attends weekly management meetings with corporate staff to present their studio’s performance and overview of the current studio status.
- Corresponds daily with the team leads about the day to day performance, communicating any needs or concerns.
- 5 years of leadership and people management of large cross-functional teams including proven success in leading, coaching and motivating teams to achieve goals and objectives in a consumer-facing, fast-paced, service-oriented environment.
- A University degree in Business or 5+ years’ leadership work equivalent experience is required.
- Related industry experience required.
- Strong relationship building and people skills.
- Excellent attention to detail is a crucial requirement while multitasking in a high-pace, deadline-driven environment.
- Keep it real attitude; ability to handle continuous feedback on improvements.
- Ability to visualize big picture while executing at ground level.
- Related health fitness or hospitality experience in a leadership role with strong coaching experience.
- Must be completely proficient in Microsoft specifically in Excel and Project Management tools.
- Experience in Accounting is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thrives in a customer-focused environment.
- Excellent teamwork.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Bailey; firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
Other Jobs You May Like
$95k | Full-time, Permanent
7 days ago | Sales and Account Management