Our client within investment management requires a Tax Manager to join their team. This role reports to the CFO and will be responsible for managing the tax reporting process for the firm.
- Manage compliance and the tax structure for all fund related vehicles and corporate entities controlled by the investment manager, including Canadian and US tax returns for partnerships, trusts, corporations and all other tax reporting;
- Manage HST/SLFI reporting process, including liaising with investors annually to compute the relevant GST/HST rate for each fund vehicle under the special attribution method;
- Manage FATCA and CRS annual filings (Canada);
- Actively manage all correspondence and audit requests from tax authorities;
- Assist with tax planning and implementation of all reorganizations, recapitalizations and divestitures, including computing the tax implications to the various investors
- Actively manage withholding tax process, including liaising with and gathering information from investors to ensure that portfolio companies have accurate blended withholding tax rates in respect of cross-border payments to investors;
- Assistance with annual internal stakeholder tax reporting packages;
- Preparation of proforma tax returns as required to facilitate tax and treasury planning; and
- Other ad hoc tax analysis and projects as required.
- Manager experience in a Canadian Tax practice;
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience ideally with exposure to M&A; and
- Completed CPA designation and ideally CPA Canada In-depth Tax program.
- Strong organization and project management skills including an ability to prioritize work demands, meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience with identifying issues and problem solving;
- Proficiency with Excel and familiarity with Tax Prep Corporate
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Beth; email@example.com
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
Apply For The Job
Other Jobs You May Like
Senior Client Service Associate
$80-100k | Full-time, Permanent
3 days ago | Accounting and Finance
Senior Tax Associate
$70-85k | Full-time, Permanent
1 month ago | Accounting and Finance
$70-80k | Full-time, Permanent
2 weeks ago | Accounting and Finance