Our client, a Richmond Hill accounting firm requires a Senior Tax Associate to join their team.
- Participate in tax consulting engagements including corporate reorganizations, estate freezes, estate litigation and other general tax planning.
- Research and analyze technical tax topics.
- Prepare tax models to illustrate the potential tax savings from proposed tax plan.
- Prepare and review tax compliance and election forms arising out of tax planning engagements.
- Assist in reviewing legal documents from tax perspective to implement proposed reorganization.
- Prepare special forms such as applications for the Voluntary Disclosure Program and request for a clearance certificate.
- Provide training and support service to the compliance department on tax related topics.
- Present research finding by either verbal or written communication in a professional manner.
- Liaise with Canada Revenue Agency and relevant provincial ministries on client issues.
- Assist in writing bi-weekly tax articles for internal and external use.
- Enter daily timesheet and expenses in CCH.
- UtilizeMonday.com and stay on top of assigned tasks.
- Meet billable target hours.
- Work closely with other departments to assist clients with varies professional services need.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA) designation.
- Completed or close to completion of CPA Canada In-Depth Tax Course.
- 1-3 years’ working experience in public accounting practice with a specialization in tax, preparing and reviewing personal, corporate and trust returns, estate tax planning, corporate reorganizations, and dispute resolution.
- Analytical skills for interpreting the Income Tax Act and case law.
- Strong technical background in Canadian income tax with experience in tax research and memo writing.
- Demonstrated understanding of increasingly complex tax concepts and effective application of tax knowledge to client situations.
- Proficient in the use of CCH (Tax Prep), CaseWare, MS OfficeMicrosoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills.
- Highly responsive to client needs, and able to develop and maintain effective client working relationships.
- Proven strong project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to stay organized and meet tight deadlines.
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Elyse; email@example.com
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
Apply For The Job