Our client, downtown investment management firm requires a Senior Client Service Associate to join their team.
Onboarding New Clients
- Gathers information required from clients for the preparation of account opening documents and CRM set up.
- Prepares all agreements and documents for signature, ensuring compliance with required standards.
- Provides custodian with all required information and monitors to ensure assets/cash are received and accounts are set up correctly.
- Ensures accurate information is input into the CRM and Toogood system.
- Tracks the ongoing on-boarding process.
- Follows up with client on transfer progress; identifies and resolves discrepancies.
- Crosschecks client holdings to ensure data is accurately inputted and accounted for.
Servicing the Client and Assisting in the Management of Relationships
- Manages relationships with clients on behalf of the WM/AWM where appropriate, including ongoing and regular client contact and communication. Provides hi-touch services (i.e. moments of truth), sets up annual meetings.
- Requests information and documentation from clients to keep client files up to date. Prepares letters and client documentation for signature.
- Responds to client requests and concerns, resolving any issues. (i.e. requests for cash). In addition, provides timely and quality responses to client requests for information regarding their investments, tax or other accountant information; troubleshoots client problems.
- Monitors client requests to ensure transactions are processed accurately by the custodian. Troubleshoots problems with the custodian when client requests/needs are not met and works with client to ensure their satisfaction.
- Supports WM/AWM in producing and reviewing clients customized investment reviews/reporting updates/KYC.
- Joins the WM/AWM when meeting with clients to establish goals and objectives, for portfolio reviews and client updates. Prepares CRM meeting notes, action items and prepares/ updates Investment Objectives letters.
- Prepares, monitors and verifies all asset transfers to custodian to ensure accuracy and completeness (i.e. RSP transfers); keeping client up-to-date as required.
- Provides support to WM/AWM’s effort to pursue prospective clients and new business opportunities from existing clients.
Processing and Balancing Transactions
- Conducts a daily review of the previous day’s transactions/activities as noted in the custodial system (RBC) and balances with internal PM system, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Investigate discrepancies and corrects error before contacting the client.
- Maintains client accounts on CRM, PM system and RBC systems ensuring cash reconciliation and resolving any data discrepancies.
- Forecasts cash flow within client account (i.e. cash requirements, maturities, etc) and prepares all information required (i.e. funds required) for WM/PM.
- Monitors and verifies all asset transfers to custodian to ensure accuracy and completeness (i.e. RSP transfers); keeping client updated as required
- Monitors asset allocation of assigned clients to ensure they fall within the desired weightings. Provide all required information (asset allocation spreadsheet, gains/loss review, etc) to the WM/AWM for review and next steps.
- Responsible for processing client transactions (i.e. cash requests) in CRM and with RBC as required. Coordinate with WM to confirm allocation instructions.
Wealth Planning Support
- Assist WM/AWM on estate execution. administration and distribution, RESP accounts and tax reporting matters; and advises clients on these matters as appropriate.
- Assist WM/AWM the completion of PRL payments each January.
- First point of contact for accountants to provide information and reports on tax-related issues for clients.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- 5+ years business experience in the financial services industry
- Working towards other industry designation (i.e. CIM, CFP)
- Knowledge of the investment industry and related regulatory and compliance requirements
- Understanding of investment concepts, analytics and investment administration
- Understanding of Wealth Planning concepts (i.e. registered account administration, basic tax knowledge, etc.)
- Exceptional organizational skills and record keeping skills
- Client focused; Can effectively communicate financial concepts while building trust, rapport and credibility with clients
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written, and verbal communications skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills—ability to interact successfully with all levels of staff and clients with a positive, collaborative approach
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Kendra; email@example.com
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.