Our client, a software company requires a Senior Accountant to join their team. Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, the Senior Accountant will perform the full cycle accounting function as well as prepare financial reports and account reconciliations. In addition, they will ensure internal controls are being followed and perform financial analysis as required. They will also be exposed the M&A accounting, due diligence, and integration work as the company is continually growing through acquisition. High energy, motivation, initiative, and drive are a must. The successful candidate will not be afraid to get into the details, will be highly analytical and have excellent communication skills.
Customer billing and related revenue recognition:
- Coordinates and prepares customer invoices and reconciles monthly invoice activity to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Coordinates and manages all relevant support relating to customer invoices including executed contracts, purchase orders and other support material.
- Records journal entries for the recognition of revenue.
- Applies customer account credits and return memos.
- Assists in the monthly reconciliation of key billing and AR related accounts (i.e., work in progress, AR, deferred revenue).
- Assists in the calculation of sales commissions.
- Review of AR aging reports and assistance in the preparation of the allowance of doubtful account provision and supporting material.
- Proactively identifies and escalates, as necessary, past due customer accounts and recommends actions for resolving delinquent accounts.
Vendor and Expense processing:
- Records vendor invoices and employee expense claims.
- Coordinates and prepares payment of vendor invoices.
- Reviews AP aging reports.
Assist in integration:
- Assist in post close financial and system integration and govern newly acquired businesses.
- Assist in onboarding finance teams.
Other accounting responsibilities:
- Generates and maintains complete records of all financial transactions in accordance to IFRS and in time to meet internal timelines (i.e. management reviews, month end close schedule, audits, etc.) and external timelines (i.e. tax, government regulations, etc.)
- Performs treasury related activities.
- Assists in the preparation of internal monthly financial statements related to monthly and quarterly reporting within deadlines and with high attention to accuracy, including:
- Account reconciliation preparation, analytical review and variance analysis;
- Preparation and recording of journal entries for month end close; and
- External/internal audit information requests.
- Manage payroll processing
- Assists with provincial/state sales tax compliance and other tax requirements.
- Maintenance of controls documentation, controls assessment and compliance.
- Implements process improvements to accounting processes and procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Undertaking special projects and ad hoc analysis as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA designation (or working towards)
- Minimum 4 years experience
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and financial reporting principles (IFRS is a strong asset), including best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and succeed in a fast paced, growing, and dynamic work environment.
- Excellent analytical, written, and verbal skills and ability to work in a collaborative manner with the senior management team.
- Excellent time management, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Experience working with Microsoft Great Plains an asset.
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Kendra; email@example.com
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.