Our client within investment management requires a Senior Accountant to join the private equity team. The Senior Accountant reports to the Accounting Manager, providing accounting and reporting support. To be successful in this position, the candidate must have strong accounting and analytical skills, be highly insightful, respectful of deadlines, detail‐oriented, and a demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize workflow. The Senior Accountant works well in a team environment, is keen to learn, and thrives in an entrepreneurial environment where the role is not routine.
- Preparation of monthly financial package for internal stakeholders, including financial statements, investment reports, and analysis of financial information.
- Responsible for full cycle accounting duties, including bank reconciliations, posting journal entries, accruals, and intercompany transactions.
- Analyze actual vs budget for Company overhead on a monthly basis and provide insights on variances for management decision making.
- Responsible for coaching Junior Accountant and reviewing work such as HST filings, credit card reconciliations, employee expense coding, and AP processing.
- Review weekly liquidity reports and improve monthly cash forecasts, working with Real Estate and Private Equity teams to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Manage annual audit process, responding to auditor inquiries, preparing relevant working papers, and ensuring appropriate accounting treatment under ASPE.
- Prepare and review legal entity financial statements for compliance and tax reporting purposes
- Participate in process improvement initiatives, including automation and system implementation.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Accounting or Finance
- Enrollment in Accounting Designation preferred
- Minimum of 3‐4 years of related experience required
- Strong full cycle General Accounting Experience
- Proficiency with Accounting Software QuickBooks and/or Yardi
- Knowledge of IFRS and ASPE is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a high‐growth, fast‐paced environment
- Possesses a style of strong teamwork, collaboration, flexibility and strength in being proactive
- “Roll‐up the sleeves” approach in order to accomplish all necessary tasks
- Commitment to excellence and impeccable ethical standards and integrity
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Lindsey; firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
Other Jobs You May Like
Accounts Payable Clerk
$50k | Full-time, Permanent
2 days ago | Accounting and Finance