Our client, a midtown real estate development and property management company requires a Property Accountant to join their team. Reporting directly to the Director of Finance, the Property Accountant is responsible for a specific portfolio of companies with the following responsibilities:
- Prepare year-end audit working papers and liaise with external auditors as required.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and HST Remittances.
- Support property management and leasing personnel in financial accounting matters.
- Prepare credit reviews, including financial statement analysis, to ensure that the prospective tenants have strong financial covenants.
- Prepare annual operating budgets and report on variances for commercial/industrial properties.
- Review tenant leases to ensure that recoveries and tenant profiles are consistent with lease agreements.
- Liaise with external counsel to prepare and review Statement of Adjustments for each Lot
- Complete pro-forma budgets to assist in determining sale price for unsold Lots
- Backup and support Accounting Teams as required.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and analysis and perform other related duties as assigned.
- College Diploma or University Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA, CA, CMA or CGA is an asset.
- NewStar Experience is an asset.
- Experience with ERP Implementation is an asset.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Minimum 3 years full cycle accounting experience in the Residential Development/Property Management field.
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Lindsey; email@example.com
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.