Executive Assistant, NFP
2 weeks ago in Administrative and Office Support
Our client, a not-for-profit foundation requires an Executive Assistant to support the CEO. This role is a unique opportunity to join a small, dynamic team dedicated to changing the narrative on mental health and addictions support in Ontario.
This position combines traditional executive assistant experience with the fast-paced and donor-centric world of development fundraising and donor stewardship. We want someone who possesses the ability to be comfortable in multiple roles– sometimes behind-the-scenes and sometimes forward facing. The role must interact seamlessly and with a professional demeanor across a broad range of individuals including members of the Senior Management Team, Board of Directors, and donors. This requires attention to detail, flexibility, juggling multiple requests and priorities, and the ability to take effective action.
The ideal candidate is confident, enthusiastic, resourceful, tech-savvy, forward-thinking, self-motivated and a creative problem solver. A high level of integrity combined with a relentless drive for action and effective communication at all levels is a must!
Executive Assistant (65%)
- Oversee all incoming and outgoing communications, reports, internal correspondences, emails and phone calls for the CEO
- Maintain CEO’s schedule and prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts
- Manage correspondence (including meeting minutes, action item tracking, document distribution) and scheduling for the Board of Directors and its committees and serve as Secretary to the Board
- Serve as primary point of initial contact for all internal and external stakeholders and donors for The foundation
- Manage communication between the CEO and associates within and Pine River Institute.
- Liaise with internal and external executives on various projects. Keep the CEO informed on status of team projects and other useful information related to day-to-day operations
- Prepare the CEO by providing briefings and materials for meetings and presentations
- Prepare project reports, presentations, and communications to a high standard
- Comfortable learning, using and eventually automating some tasks using pre-existing software
- Constantly follow up with necessary points of contacts
- Ability to problem solve – develop alternative actionable solutions when information is provided or self-attainable
- Strong sense of responsibility and ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Create and manage online and physical filing system, and document production
- Coordinate IT support for technical troubleshooting, HR, other administrative support and providers and suppliers for the team
- Prepare expense management and reporting for submission
- Donor Stewardship (20%)
- Serve as primary point of initial contact for all donors, clients and stakeholders
- Donor data base entry and management – tracking gifts, prospects and donors
- Ensure all donors are acknowledged in a timely manner
Development Fundraising (15%)
- Mine data to support donor solicitation activities using donor database, donor prospecting applications, online research, etc.
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing & Communications to leverage the power of social media, internet presence, printed materials, and technology use to cross promote agency messaging
- 5+ years of professional office administrative experience preferred
- Attention to detail and sound administrative aptitude
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in peak times
- High computer proficiency – if unfamiliar with programs, applications and tools (e.g. Raiser’s Edge – donor database application), then a high level of comfort navigating around and learning them. Specifically, high competency in MS Office Suite – preparing and formatting documents in Word, presentations in PowerPoint, file management in SharePoint, and spreadsheets in Excel.
- Able to provide excellent customer service to elite clients
- Professional and friendly attitude with a willingness to collaborate with other team members
- Demonstrate professionalism, discretion, and judgement with donors.
- Communicate effectively in both written and spoken interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Solve problems in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrate effective organizational and resource management skills.
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Leah; email@example.com
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
Other Jobs You May Like
$85-95k | Full-time, Permanent
2 weeks ago | Administrative and Office Support
$50-55k | Full-time, Permanent
2 weeks ago | Administrative and Office Support
$90-100k | Full-time, Permanent
1 week ago | Administrative and Office Support