Our client within investment management requires an Operations Associate to join their team. As an integral member of the operations team, the Operations Associate will work collaboratively to support the day-to-day operational functions of the business, including portfolio management, pooled fund administration, trade administration, and reporting.
The Operations Associate will have a deep understanding of the firm’s workflows and processes, and how they interact with client portfolios. This role shares responsibility for the smooth function of systems, along with the accuracy and completeness of data. The new position will also contribute to the routine tasks and operational functions within the office environment.
- Portfolio and pooled fund administration
- Involvement in the processing of transactions for both segregated and pooled clients
- Coordinate/monitor scheduled and mandatory transactions (e.g. RIF, RSP, TFSA)
- Support the maintenance of client, mandate, account, and security data across all systems
- Oversee the the reconciliation process and the loading of daily data feeds
- Involvement in the fund valuation processes
- Trade and transaction processing
- Involvement with the creation and processing of equity and fixed income trades, as well as pooled fund unit transactions
- Support and assist members of the investment team while working with trade blotters
- Data management and reporting
- Produce various scheduled and ad hoc reports, for internal and external audiences
- Maintenance of underlying report data, ensuring the correctness and completeness of the output information
- Understand the data flows between internal systems as well as external parties
- Assist in the management of periodic reporting processes, including quarterly client statements
- Process and deliver client reporting, including both company and custodian statements
- Oversight and quality assurance
- Perform reconciliations and diagnostics on both internally created and externally sourced data
- Using knowledge of clients, accounts, and our systems, identify and resolve issues with incorrect or inconsistent data
- Engagement in General Office Operations
- Involved in facilitating the onboarding process for new employees, including the acquisition of necessary IT equipment and collaboration with external IT service providers to ensure seamless employee setup.
- Managing the procurement and coordination of major office equipment setup, such as copiers, furniture, displays, etc. with the Office Administrator/Receptionist to interface with suppliers/vendors as needed.
- Knowledge of the investment industry and related regulatory and compliance requirements
- Understanding of investment concepts, analytics and investment administration
- Exceptional organizational skills; Able to balance time pressures and deadlines with conflicting demands
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy by exercising good judgement and being detailed oriented
- A team player, with effective communication skills — ability to interact successfully with all levels of staff and clients in a positive, collaborative way
- Demonstrates a willingness and capability to actively engage in various tasks as needed. Has no problem rolling up their sleeves to get the job done.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement in efficiency, accuracy, and risk control
- Operates comfortably under pressure and stays focused on accomplishing results
- Astute math skills; strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Bloomberg
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Kendra; firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
- Experience in using Portfolio Management & CRM systems considered a strong asset. Specifically if the candidate has hands on experience with the Infinite Harmony PM System.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
Apply For The Job