Our client in investment management is looking for a IT Manager to join their team in a newly created role! The role is responsible and accountable for liaising with our managed services provider and ensuring the smooth running of our computer systems, including the implementation and maintenance of the company’s computing needs. The IT Manager is responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem, and determines and implements solution. Technical support for Trading and Market Data Systems in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment. The role reports to the COO of the company. This role is required to be in the office 5 days a week.
- Manage information technology and computer systems
- Trouble shoot IT issues in real time onsite with company employees
- Perform routine onsite administrative, troubleshooting, and operational tasks on Servers, Printers, Networking devices, and end-user computing devices.
- Oversight of end-user application and workstation support, Windows domain and general network administration.
- Provide hands-on technical support end-user laptop and workstation issue resolution, office IT break/fix including access points, servers, printers, and copiers, remote access and connectivity issues for end-users.
- Evaluate electronic and data operations
- Ensure service providers are meeting their SLA requirements
- Work with IT providers to ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions
- Co-ordinate cyber training, phishing campaigns and pen testing
- Co-ordinate BCP testing as it relates to IT
- Conduct quarterly revise with IT service provider and identify and escalate any issues to the COO
- Maintain and update infrastructure and policy documentation
- Co-ordinate the onboarding and offboarding of employees
- Maintain inventory of IT assets and co-ordinate updating of systems as required
- Staying up to date with industry IT developments
- Must have a BS in Computer Science or related field
- Must have 3 to 5 years’ experience in IT support specifically in end – user technical support
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Expertise in data center management and governance
- Hands on experience with computer networks administration and installation
- Strong understanding of Windows 10.
- Experience with MAC system is an asset
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Office Suites.
- Proven experience troubleshooting local access related issues and an ability to operate in a high security environment is essential.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, ability to set schedules and prioritize tasks and have excellent customer relation skills.
- Ability to quickly assess when an issue needs to be escalated to outside technical resources and can assess the urgency of an issue and react accordingly.
- A proven track record in creating and maintaining troubleshooting documentation.
- Experience troubleshooting PCs, laptops, office printers, mobile devices and peripherals.
- Experience with Trading and Market Data Systems is an asset – Bloomberg, Thomson One, Fidessa
- Solid grasp of TCP/IP, Active Directory, Windows Domains and Networking fundamentals.
- Must have excellent written, oral, and telephone communication skills
- Must be able to communicate in user-friendly language with a strong customer service mindset
- Customer service oriented with the ability to adapt and respond to different types of personalities
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail on all assigned tasks and deadlines
- Ability to recognize when user’s problem needs to be escalated to senior staff
- Must have exceptional multi-tasking abilities and prioritization skills
- Must be a team player, able to work under pressure
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Beth; email@example.com
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
Other Jobs You May Like
Business Solutions Analyst
$90-100k | Full-time, Permanent
1 day ago | Information Technology