Our client, a downtown pension fund is seeking a HR Business Partner to join their team. As Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP), you will report to the Senior Director, People, and serve as a member of the People team. You will work closely with functional People Leaders to understand their requirements and help customize the People program accordingly, while ensuring alignment with organizational objectives. Core areas of focus will be People Leader support and employee relations, performance management, learning and development, employee engagement, rewards and recognition, EDIR (Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, Reconciliation), assisting with organizational design and workforce management, and change management.
You have a minimum of seven years’ experience, in progressively responsible Human Resources roles, preferably in the Pension/Investment industry, in a high-volume, fast-paced working environment. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), a strong attention to detail, and strong organizational skills are keys to success in this role.
And as an integral member of the People team, you will lean into and support a culture defined by meaningful work, ample fun, deep employee engagement and strong, inclusive leadership. Individually, but more importantly together as a team, outperform peers as an employer of choice.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with employees and People Leaders, serving as a trusted business partner within the organization
- Engage with functional People Leaders to continuously evaluate the opportunities, requirements, strategies and decisions that impact the employees under each function
- Supporting the broader People team and functional People Leader, review the talent requirements within a function and address any talent gaps and needs
- Collaborate with functional People Leaders to identify and evaluate current and future training requirements to support career and skills growth
- Advise and coach People Leaders and employees with overall compliance with HR policies, processes, and procedures
- Lead the annual performance management process for all full-time employees
- Drive consistency in employee experience and engagement, collaborating with the People team (and other teams as required) on organizational experience and engagement initiatives
- Provide practical and timely guidance on employee relations and conflict resolution
- Champion the company’s intentional culture and EDIR
- Special projects and other duties as required
- Undergraduate degree in business, human resources, or a related field
- CHRP or CHRL designation considered an asset
- Minimum 7+ years of generalist Human Resources experience including business partner support
- Experience in the financial services, investment and/or pension industries
- Experience in a fast-scaling organization strongly preferred
- Knowledge and experience with Ontario’s employment standards
- Knowledge and expertise in various HR disciplines (i.e., Performance Management, Talent Management, Employee Relations, Compensation, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Excellent relationship building and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization and with external partners and stakeholders
- Ability to work well under pressure and remain calm during high volume periods
- High degree of self-motivation and professionalism
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a time sensitive manner while maintaining quality of work
- Ability to effectively identify emerging trends and standards that have a strong potential to better enhance the People Team
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Lindsey; email@example.com
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.