Our client within asset and investment management requires a Financial Analyst to join their team. This role will be responsible for analyzing and researching data related to project management and working collaboratively with the accounting, finance and asset management team.
- Collaboration with other departments on financial analysis and management reporting.
- Continuously develop and implement process improvements, system automation, and other best practices to increase productivity.
- Ensure policies and procedures are adhered to and deadlines are met.
- Participate in management meetings and provide input and reports as requested.
- Assist with month-end reporting including the analysis of utility costs, while providing projections for future usage to manage cash flows.
- Monthly review and analysis of the property operating results to budget and reforecast.
- Quarterly review of property reforecasts and preparation of variance analysis, investigate and explain significant variances.
- Assist with the underwriting and evaluation of financial results and operating trends to prepare valuation analysis.
- Implementation and continuous improvements of standard operating procedures (SOP), managing and working on special projects and to provide support to executive management team as required.
- Perform extensive research, including but not limited to, reviewing, and analyzing financial reports, studying comparable properties, collect information on the immediate area (demographics) and overall market.
- Assist with tendering, contracts, and analysis of capital improvements.
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA-CA or CPA) considered an asset but not required.
- Chartered Financial Analyst Designation considered an asset but not a requirement.
- Multi-family residential experience or similar industry experience.
- Yardi Voyager experience is considered an asset.
- Preference for 4 – 6 years of experience supporting various analytical initiatives.
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles and IFRS.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Microsoft Excel.
- Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, and resourceful, with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proactive and self-directed with demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to prioritize, multi-task and able to work in a changing, fast-paced environment.
- Able to deal with confidential information and demonstrate reliability and dependability.
- Task orientated, able to work well under pressure, willing to work overtime if needed.
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Lindsey; firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.