Our client within mining requires a Financial Accountant to join their team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work as an integral member of the Finance team within the Canadian Corporate division in our downtown Toronto office. You will play an important role within the Finance team by performing various accounting duties. You will work with the Finance team on daily and monthly financial tasks, month-end closing and financial accounting activities, and other analysis for accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Responsible for performing the monthly financial reporting and forecast for subsidiary and affiliate companies
- Prepare monthly journal entries, balance sheet reconciliation and analysis, and bank reconciliations
- Liaise with business units to reconcile intercompany accounts and prepare intercompany journal entries and invoices
- Prepare GST, HST and QST monthly advices for Tax department
- Reconcile Corporate credit card program accounts
- Review accounts payable documents for completeness and accuracy
- Assist with the preparation of the accounting entries for the treasury contracts
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual Statistic Canada reporting
- Support with month-end, half-year, hard-close and year-end procedures
- Participate in ad-hoc tasks and analysis, as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and pursuing CPA designation
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant accounting experience with knowledge of IFRS
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and to work well under pressure and time constraints
- Dedicated team player, who demonstrates initiative and independence
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Lindsey; email@example.com
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.