Our client is seeking a Director of People and Culture who will be responsible for all areas of human resources. The ideal candidate will bring proven successful senior leadership experience in complex organizations within high-end service-oriented environments. This includes creating and fostering a positive working environment focused on employee growth & recognition, employee relations, health & safety, leadership development, compensation & benefits, performance evaluations, recruitment, and onboarding. The Director of People and Culture will develop strong partnerships as well think strategically to create policies and procedures which foster a positive work environment. This position will work in conjunction with the General Manager to assure that all staff expectations are exceeded. The role will work closely with the current HR Manager to ensure success.
- Act as strategic business partner to all areas of the business, supporting the creation and advancement of HR programs and practices, focusing on execution and participation.
- Provide Senior Managers with assistance with all recruiting needs, including recruitment strategy, job analysis, drafting and posting all applicable positions on internal and external websites
- Serves as coach and expert facilitator of the selection and interviewing process.
- Provide guidance to the Senior Team with respect to performance evaluations, employee relations, succession plans, compensation, departmental organization, disciplinary procedures, and terminations.
- Partner with management to ensure that annual performance evaluations are completed in a timely manner and are used to increase employee morale, productivity and development with specific and measurable goals identified and a clear plan outlined and communicated to all.
- Develop, create, communicate, and enforce all policies to all employees and act as advisor and counsellor for all policies and procedures.
- Participate in JHSC meetings and assist in making recommendations for improvements
- Maintain up to date information and competitive corporate edge through research, analysis, development, and implementation of Human Resources programs.
- Work with the Catering Team to organize and coordinate employee social events including Annual Staff Sailing Day, Summer Events and Annual Staff Holiday Parties.
- Update and maintain organization charts.
- Advise, coach, and consult directors and managers on employee concerns regarding policies, practices, terminations, discipline, and performance.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of ten (10) years experience in a leadership or senior management level-position in a complex service-oriented environment. The following criteria will be considered in evaluating candidacy:
- A completed Bachelor’s degree in HR relevant field of study or a completed non-relevant Bachelor’s degree with post-graduate certificate or diploma in HR related field of study
- CHRP or CHRL designation
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability
- Analytical thinker with the ability to handle job-related stress, particularly with respect to deadlines and expectations of management
- Strong interpersonal skills including communication and presentation capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work collaboratively with Senior Management
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and balance competing priorities
- Comfortable in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Above reproach in character, integrity, and professionalism
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Beth; firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.