Our client, a downtown boutique media agency requires a Communications Coordinator to join their team. This is a great entry level opportunity to gain excellent experience within media and advertising and be part of a collaborative and dynamic team.
Planning and Execution
- Understand various tactics at a high level.
- Track the details of the tactics; costs, audiences, KPI’s, trafficking, etc
- Build a keen proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel and Media Ocean
- Track, send and sign insertion orders (IO’s for print bookings)
- Create Spec Sheets for Clients and Creative Agencies
- Assist with Campaign trafficking
- Assist with development of All Pre and Post Buys, including Digital
- Provide POP reports for OOH
- Provide Positioning Reports for Print
- Ensure that campaign details are accurately input/ordered (rates, budgets, start/end dates, etc) per plan/booking details
- Understand and support the client billing process thoroughly
- Develop a proficiency in Media Ocean to ensure smooth financial billing, discrepancy clearing and reporting
- Liaise with team at large on Invoice Summaries and Budget Control Reports
- Check Vendor Contracts against booking
- Check Vendor Invoices for media approval
Accuracy and Organization
- Ensure the highest level of accuracy by always double-checking work including but not limited to; excel formulas, number transcription, report pulls, etc.
- Always have the account lead check your work prior to issuing to the client
- All files should be kept organized and saved in the shared drive
- Status documents should be updated regularly and prior to status meetings
- Always check with your Manager/Director prior to leaving for the day to ensure that no last-minute client asks have arisen.
- Additionally, if you see other team members overwhelmed please offer your assistance.
- All deadlines should be adhered to. Any challenges should be communicated to the account lead as soon as possible.
- Keep Management informed by ensuring they are copied on all correspondence affecting the client
- Constant excellence in communication via emails, presentations as well as oral and written.
- Communication should be articulate and professional in nature, especially with suppliers, partners, and clients.
- Efforts should be made to ask questions during supplier meetings and build presentation skills in preparation for advancement and potential client presentations.
Build your breadth of knowledge of our industry & training
- Embrace all opportunities to learn either from supplier presentations or internal education forums
- Review common industry terms CMDC Digest available on our shared drive or via the internet
- Attend industry updates
- Request to attend courses that will enhance your industry expertise.
- Meet with sales representatives to ensure we are well informed on all developments in the industry
Build our reputation outside of the agency
- Be responsive to email/phone requests for meetings, always reply within 24 hours
- Give fair and timely feedback to proposals
- Be open to new ideas and suppliers
- Present yourself in a professional manner at all business/ industry meetings, events, forums, etc even if they are outside business hours
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Lindsey; firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.