Our client within facilities services requires an Assistant Facilities Manager to join their team. This role will effectively manage the team and vendors to ensure provision of exemplary facilities management services to the client. Manage resources, promote an ethos of teamwork, and instill a culture of continuous improvement. Offer support and guidance to ensure that workflow is delivered effectively and safely and develop the team to achieve their full potential. Develop and maintain a trusting relationship with the client. Contribute to the development and success of the company through business development and operational activities.
- Oversite of internal and external service delivery teams, ensuring quality of service is continually improved and exceeds client expectations.
- Line management of staff, including mentoring, development, coaching and appraising. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company and applicable labor laws. Responsible for planning, assigning, and directing work.
- Maintain a safe, clean and comfortable working environment. Onsite interface between general contractors and subcontractors for special projects as related to building operations.
- Tender contracts with vendors to ensure best pricing and services. Coordinate assigned vendor activities, ensure delivery of services and value for money is achieved through robust management of suppliers and measurement of performance as outlined in service agreements / contracts.
- Oversight and accountability for Facilities budget; financial reporting, including forward maintenance budgets and capital replacement budgets where required.
- Minimize risk and maintain or improve profitability against agreed targets. Ensure KPIs, business, and financial targets are meet and all required reporting is completed on time.
- Identify and pursue opportunities; keep abreast of best practice within the industry by maintaining contact with peers in other market sectors.
- Compliance with all applicable legislation, safety, and security procedures.
- Manage and maintain positive relationships with clients, suppliers and team members; share knowledge with Facilities teams across all sites.
- Provide strategic and technical support and general advice to clients, peers, and teams.
- Provide support for client for moves, restacks, projects, and buildouts.
- Responsibility for the coordination and oversight of preventative and reactive maintenance for critical equipment, and monitoring/responding to equipment alarms.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed; available on-call during scheduled rotations.
- Oversite of client’s ISO 14001 accreditation and programs. Partner with Facilities Coordinator to ensure maintenance of certification, including document control/management, auditing, Green Team, utility/usage data entry, legislative monitoring and compliance, annual reporting, etc.
- Responsible for/oversight of first responder/floor warden team, including recruitment and coordination of training.
- Conduct ergonomic workstation assessments, create reports and maintain documentation, and issue ergonomic equipment.
- Risk assessments of on-site operations and mechanical areas; maintenance of site risk register.
- Conduct site and safety inspections, record results and ensure close out of non-conformances.
- Oversee/conduct audits relating to ISO 14001, contractors, site operations, HSE and security.
- Liaise and maintain positive relationships with client property management company and management vendors.
- Special projects as needed / required by the client or leadership.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5 years’ experience working in an Office Services, Facilities, or Property Management team
- 3 years of Facilities Management experience at a mid-level
- Proficient in budget planning, management, and forecasting
- Proficiency using internet software, Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25lbs, occasionally lift/move up to 50lbs
- Occasional use step stools and ladders
- Proactively learn, trial and search for new ideas
- Reflect on lessons learnt and be open to feedback
- Encourage alternative perspectives – every voice matters
- Generous with time – shares learnings, mentor, and nurture others to flourish
- Take ownership for resolving issues and hold others to account
- Stay on top of the basics that safeguard our business
- Include and develop everyone equitably, visibly, and vocally
- FMP or CFM certification
- Recognized HSE qualifications (e.g., IOSH, NEBOSH, LEED, etc.)
- Ergonomic assessor certification
- ISO 14001 experience
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Lindsey; firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.