Salary Range: Up to $85k depending on experience
Employment Type: Permanent Full-time
Job Industry :
Job Category: Administrative and Office Support
Posted on: June 13, 2018
Our client, a pharmaceutical consulting company requires an Office Manager. This individual will be the right-hand person to the Chief Operating Officer, ensuring that the internal workings of the company run smoothly and efficiently. This pertains to internal processes and systems, policies, financial health, facilities infrastructure and matters of policy and practice involving employees and external partners.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Overseeing the day-to-day functions of all areas, including but not limited to administration, operations, facilities, Human Resources, and IT
• Directing and coordinating activities in support of the company’s strategic and operational goals
• Ensuring that the day-to-day operation is efficient, by streamlining processes and establishing plans to continuously improve operational effectiveness
• Overseeing budget management and expenditures, office & facilities support and procurement
• Managing office equipment and liaising with suppliers and our IT outsourcing provider to ensure smooth running operations
• Monitoring of office and organizing space, planning, office expansions, health and safety, building security, emergency planning etc.
• Reviewing and maintaining office vendor relationships, negotiating contract pricing and monitoring quality of service provided
• Acting as first point of contact for orientation and on-boarding of new employees. Integrating new employees to the team, setting up work stations and login/access rights
• Training staff on a variety of corporate and administrative processes
• Coordinating recruitment activities including writing job descriptions, posting positions, sorting resumes, scheduling interviews, outsourcing background checks, and preparing offers and new hire packages.
• Creating, auditing and implementing company policies and procedures
• Managing the firm’s daily banking/accounting, using QuickBooks.
• Managing the firm’s billing, A/R, collections, A/P, and payroll, etc.
Qualifications and Skills:
• 5+ years of progressive business operations and office management experience, preferably within a professional services firm
• Post-secondary education in Business Administration or a related field
• Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software
• Excellent time management skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
• Ability to organize, multitask, prioritize and work under pressure
• Ability to establish credibility and influence as a confidential resource
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
To apply now contact: email@example.com