Or Browse Our Job List for Opportunities
Salary Range: $40-45k
Employment Type: Contract
Job Industry :
Job Category: Accounting and Finance
Posted on: September 11, 2017
Professional services company located downtown requires a Accounts Payable Analyst to join their finance team on a one year contract basis. Key responsibilities of the role are:
• Coordinate and process all corporate accounts payable and accruals activities.
• Coordinate and process payments in accordance with internal controls over accounts payable and payments, including filing.
• Prepare the finance team and treasury calendars of deliverables and payments.
• Assist with the expense analysis for corporate and our operating businesses.
• Assist with the preparation of monthly management reporting.
• Support the financial reporting internal control testing process.
• Prepare quarterly Statistics Canada filing.
• Identify and implement process improvement opportunities for accounts payable and payment cycles.
• Perform analysis and make recommendations on areas to achieve cost savings.
• Assist with quarterly and annual financial reporting.
• Finance undertakes the financial management and reporting for Infrastructure Corporation, and in particular the investment vehicles which this business manages.
• The department has responsibility over financial affairs including transaction processing, financial and management reporting, statutory and taxation reporting, business planning and forecasting, involvement in acquisitions, capital market transactions, cash management and hedging and preparation of finance-related board papers.
• Experience working with accounts payable, general ledgers.
• Able to recognise issues that arise from own work; accurately assess the impact, make recommendations and implement solutions.
• Knowledgeable of accounting.
• Experience working with Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Experience with accounting and financial reporting for the corporate office of a publicly traded company with Canadian operations.
• Able to communicate and work well in a collaborative team environment and to interact with all levels of staff, including senior management, Finance and personnel at operating businesses. Able to build constructive relationships with external parties (e.g. suppliers).
1240 Bay Street, Suite 805, Toronto, ON M5R 2A7
Tel: (416) 923-4397 Fax: (416) 923-9100